Job Description & Requirements
System Director, Advanced Heart Failure Services in New York
Catholic Health Services of Long Island, a six-hospital not-for-profit health system with the only specialty designated cardiac center in New York state, is seeking a visionary physician leader for the inaugural role of System Director, Advanced Heart Failure Services. St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®, nationally ranked for Cardiology & Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report
, has been a leader in cardiac care for more than 50 years and is expanding this outstanding care to Catholic Health practices and hospitals across Long Island.Opportunity Highlights
- Join an established heart failure program at St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center® with three heart failure cardiologists, one LVAD surgeon, two dedicated heart failure NPs and a VAD coordinator.
- Lead the heart failure initiative for the health system, developing a heart failure network within the St. Francis Heart Center enterprise.
- Spearhead development of heart failure specialty clinics across Long Island.
- Benefit from opportunities for heart transplant experiences with our academic affiliates.
- Enjoy the infrastructure to support clinical trials and investigation in our research division.
- Protected administrative and research time offered at approximately 50% effort.
- MD, DO, or equivalent
- Board certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Current, or eligible for, unrestricted New York State medical license and DEA license
- Advanced degree such as MHA, MBA, or Doctoral degree recommended, but not required
- Preferred ten years of clinical practice and departmental leadership experience in a health care organization or network.
Only a car or train ride away from New York City with a multitude of cultural opportunities, sporting events, and shopping amenities. Long Island is home to a rich quality of life with spectacular family-friendly communities, award-winning schools and programs, educational and eclectic art and interest groups, diverse ethnic neighborhoods, and active year-round outdoor activities with parks, beaches, golf courses, and water-based recreational activities.
BC in Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
10+ years of experiencePreferred Qualifications
Advance degree like MBA, MHA, etc.About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.