Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a full time 1.0 FTE Adult Psychiatrist to join our Bremerton Behavioral Health team in Bremerton, Washington.
Washington Permanente Medical Group is dedicated to providing comprehensive, innovative and patient-centered care to communities throughout Washington. This commitment to quality has led to high patient satisfaction scores; in fact, we were recently ranked in the top four nationally for patient satisfaction.
- 100% outpatient opportunity
- Call coverage from home 1 weeknight per month and 3-4 weekends per year.
- 50% or more possibility to work from home -75% is direct patient facing time and 25% is desktop and meeting time
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and generous benefit package offered.
- Outstanding team in a collegial environment makes this opportunity worth exploring.
- Team members consist of other health care professionals including Psychologists, Masters Level Therapists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and Behavioral Health Specialists.
- Generous hiring bonuses offered.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are essential to quickly and successfully build trusting patient relationships
- Interest in Collaborative Care in Primary Care .
- Population based mental health management with strong collaboration with Primary Care partners for stabilized patients
- Support crisis therapy.
Washington Permanente Medical Group encourages its staff to maintain care-focused patient relationships and manage innovative practices using state-of-the-art technology while advocating a well-balanced life and personal health.
Watch this video: Practicing Psychiatry at WPMG
Kaiser Permanente at Harrison Medical Center provides mental health services. Office hours are 8am - 5 pm Monday through Friday.
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
Benefits include: Full malpractice indemnification (including tail coverage), medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) & employer-paid retirement contributions, paid vacation, CME, long-term disability, long-term care benefits, and the ability to become a shareholder in our group practice. Competitive salary offered. Opportunity to become Shareholder after 3 years. No state income tax in Washington State. Learn more about WPMG benefits.
Bremerton is a truly beautiful city located directly west of Seattle across the Puget Sound on the Kitsap Peninsula. It is bounded on the southeast and east by Sinclair Inlet and the strait of Port Orchard respectively. The city is divided by the Port Washington Narrows, a strait spanned by two bridges which connect the eastern and western sides of the city. With a population of approximately 40,500, it is the largest city on the Kitsap Peninsula. Bremerton is home to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and the Bremerton Annex of Naval Base Kitsap. The city boasts a lovely Boardwalk featuring an Historic Vietnam era Naval Ship Museum, The USS Turner Joy and gift shop. Historic boats, yachts and ships are moored in the marina; summer festivals, live music and entertainment are endless, and it is THE best place to watch fireworks on the fourth of July!
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients-the heart of everything we do-first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
- Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
- Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
- Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other-with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- All applicants must have an unrestricted Washington State Medical License and Federally Issued DEA license.
- All applicants must possess a full range of clinical skills and an interest in working with an innovative group practice.
- Medical Degree MD/DO or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- DEA License
- Washington Medical Lic