UPMC Altoona is recruiting Anesthesiologists to join our diverse and highly talented and productive team. Lucrative incentive plan. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC/BE in Anesthesiology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B and 2024 J1 visa sponsorship.
- Flexible scheduling
- General and/or sub-specialty interest
- Academic appointment available
- Career growth opportunities
What we Offer
- Competitive salary plus supplemental incentive
- Opportunities for significant additional earnings
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance, professional dues
- Defined contribution plan; 403b plan with employer match
- Relocation allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- CME allowance of $4,110
- 10 weeks PTO with options to increase
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities