A busy Pediatrics practice in the Melville, NY area is seeking a FT or PT Pediatrician for their busy practice. This well established group has a stable patient flow, a balanced work schedule and is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes/alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan-of-care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan-of-care in the patient's medical record.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion.
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- Maintains a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice.
- Acts as resource and leader to staff.
- NYS Physician License & Board Certified (BC)/Board Eligible (BE) in Pediatrics
- Will consider new graduates; previous experience working in pediatrics a plus.
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills are necessary. Ability to work and excel in a team environment. Multi-tasking, flexibility, customer service, time management, organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and quality focus.