Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), located in eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking applicants for the position of Chief of Rheumatology in the Department of Medicine.
This is truly an extraordinary time to join the Lehigh Valley Health Network. LVHN is one of the nation's most advanced health networks, offering comprehensive care in 95 clinical specialties. We are the region’s largest employer and the health care provider of choice for more people in the region. Love Where You Work! To learn more, please send your CV to Catherine.Sommers@lvhn.org.
The majority of the Chief’s time is spent in outpatient clinical activities including precepting learners. Rotating inpatient responsibilities include coverage of Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)-Cedar Crest in Allentown, LVH-Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, PA and LVH-Hecktown Oaks in Easton PA. Inpatient telemedicine consults are provided to other Lehigh Valley Hospitals in Pottsville, Hazleton and East Stroudsburg, PA. Rheumatology providers also spend some outpatient time at these sites. We have a successful rheumatology fellowship program which was established in 2017 and the division is integral to resident and student rheumatology training.
- The Chief of Rheumatology position is an exciting opportunity to join the team as LVHN experiences continued growth through new hospital campuses.
- Responsibilities will include an 80/20 split between clinical and administrative duties, as well as oversight of 11 rheumatologists and 3 advanced practice clinicians across the network.
- This position is responsible for the division’s clinical operations, research and educational mission.
- The mix of clinical responsibilities is approximately 90% outpatient and 10% inpatient consultations.
- As with all physicians on the team, the Chief participates in rotating inpatient duties and call responsibility for evening and weekend call.
- This position is employed by Lehigh Valley Physicians Group (LVPG), a multispecialty physician enterprise of Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- The successful candidate will be a board certified rheumatologist with at least eight years of experience, a collaborative mindset, the ability to build relationships across the clinical and administrative spectrum, a passion for exceptional patient-centric care, a commitment to quality improvement and innovation, and a strong strategic focus.
- A valid Pennsylvania medical license, or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Exceptional clinical and leadership skills.
- Attractive work schedule
- Highly competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance
- We also offer a signing bonus, retention bonus and a platform to develop and grow your professional career.
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Opens in new tabhttps://youtu.be/GD67a9hIXUY
Catherine Sommers, Physician Recruiter