Ochsner Health is seeking a BC ANESTHESIOLOGIST for our team at OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER WEST BANK in a close suburb of New Orleans.
- Stable group of 7 MDs seeking to expand to 8. This will allow one person each weekday to personally perform cases, while most operate in a care team model with a seasoned group of CRNAs.
- The leadership in the departments that Anesthesia works with most closely is outstanding and the relationships with Anesthesia are very collegial (Surgery, Hospital Medicine, ICU, GI, ED, Labor and Delivery). The hospital senior administration team is excellent, stable and have a great relationship with Anesthesia. This is a great time to join Ochsner Westbank.
- Requires team player committed to developing good relationships with our surgeons, nurses and medical staff.
- Practice is that of a smaller community hospital, plus some academic training. Our department provides the airway rotation for Ochsner’s small Emergency Medicine residency, and we have a few Anesthesia residents rotate from the academic programs at Ochsner's larger urban campus.
- Diverse case mix: Orthopedics, General Surgery, OB/GYN, Urology, ENT, Endoscopy, Spine, Vascular, Labor and Delivery, occasional Thoracic and rare healthy Pediatric cases. No cardiac or craniotomies.
- Regional blocks for Orthopedic cases.
- Base salary, annual bonus (based on system-wide performance)
- Excellent vacation and CME.
- Weekend and Holiday Call will be split evenly among the 8 physicians and is taken in hospital. CRNAs are called in for cases.
- Hospital is 8 miles from downtown New Orleans in Gretna, LA
Ochsner Medical Center West Bank is a 180-bed hospital recognized by Healthgrades for numerous Five-star ratings, Specialty Excellence Awards, and its departments are among the top 5% and 10% in the nation by the Healthgrades 2018 Report. Ochsner Health System is Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic healthcare system with 30 owned, managed, and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Our mission is to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Hospital" across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year.
New Orleans is one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in America. The city is famous for its major universities, professional sports teams, world-class dining, and music.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law