The Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking a full-time BC/BE fellowship-trained Pediatric Orthopaedist. Sub-specialty interest welcome but not a requirement. The division currently includes 3 full time Pediatric Orthopedic surgeons, 2 Physician s Assistants and a Nurse Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to join a regional referral, tertiary care practice at a large freestanding and full-service children's hospital. Our extensive referral base includes five primary counties in central Pennsylvania, as well as referrals from the extended central Pennsylvania region. This is an academic-style practice with strong subspecialty programs in all aspects of adult orthopaedic care as well.
The qualified candidate will be a full-time faculty member of the Penn State Health Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, and hold an academic rank within the Penn State College of Medicine.
What we re seeking:
- Medical degree MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship training in Pediatric Orthopaedics required
- Sub-specialty interest welcome but not a requirement
- Excellent patient care abilities and interest in teaching as well as participation in clinical research
What we offer:
- Outstanding academic program with a national reputation
- Highly collaborative culture
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across departments and participation in innovative educational approaches.
- Faculty rank commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
What the Area Offers:
Hershey is a thriving suburban town of approximately 20,000, in a metropolitan area of approximately 400,000 in one of the fastest growing regions of the state. Surrounded by diverse communities such as Harrisburg, Lebanon, and Lancaster, and less than 95 miles from Philadelphia and Baltimore, it provides residents and visitors with employment, cultural, and recreational opportunities that are attractive to people of all backgrounds. Central Pennsylvania's second largest industry, Hershey Foods Corporation, is also headquartered in Hershey.