Southeastern Massachusetts less than 30 minutes to Providence, Rhode Island and the Cape and less than 1 hour to Boston, Massachusetts
We are recruiting a strong board-certified or board-eligible infectious disease physician who enjoys a collegial clinical environment, outstanding operational support for success, and both ambulatory and inpatient site work.
Southcoast Health is focused on bringing together high-quality providers to deliver exceptional care and services. Southcoast Health is a physician-led organization and one of the largest and fastest growing health systems in New England. Southcoast Infectious Disease is part of Southcoast Physicians Group which has grown to 600+ providers and still growing.
Southcoast Infectious Disease is a division within the Medicine Care Center, led by a practicing Physician in Chief. The ID division has dedicated, newly built offices within a multispecialty Medicine clinic. We have a system antimicrobial stewardship program and an IDSA-recognized Center of Excellence. Southcoast also has two award-winning wound centers and a COVID-19 therapeutics clinic. Southcoast Health has outstanding specialty services, closed ICUs, system-wide hospitalist programs, an ACS Level II Trauma Center, Joint Commission Advanced Hip and Knee program, and highly recognized perinatal and bariatric services. Southcoast Health has been recognized by Newsweek in the World s Best Hospitals, by US News as a top regional hospital and for its maternity services, by ChiME for Most Wired, by EPIC with Honor Roll (#9 in the country), and by SouthCoast Today as a best place to work in the region for multiple years in a row.
Within the medical staff of ambulatory and inpatient providers, there are over 1000 members, serving over 135,000 patients in Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Southcoast is a desirable place for medical students who rotate through several departments and for advanced practice practitioners who train in Medicine and other Care Centers with collaborative agreements with nearby prestigious universities. Southcoast has agreements with Tufts, Mass General Brigham, and Boston s Children s Hospital for certain specialties with onsite staff with dual appointments.
- 3 full time hospital-based physicians multiple per diem physicians
- Rotation between hospital and office through the schedule
- A focus on quality, with clinicians consistently scoring high on their goals
- Competitive salary with productivity-based incentives
- Sign-on bonus program
- Excellent benefit package including: 41 days PTO and 6% match on retirement after 2 years
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice coverage of $2M / $6M
- Excellent work-life balance
- 1:4 weekend call
- Situated less than 30 minutes southeast of Providence, RI and Cape Cod and within 60 minutes of Boston with convenient access to major highways
- Four-season coastal living with sailing and boating in Buzzard s Bay with opportunity to live on the water
- Conveniently located within 2-3 hours of multiple New England ski areas.
- Options to live in desirable suburbs within Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
- Multi-cultural communities with great family-oriented neighborhoods
- Excellent private and public schools