Join our developing neurohospitalist team and provide inpatient consultative services at UPMC Central Pa. Practice locations include UPMC Harrisburg or UPMC West Shore and UPMC Community Osteopathic. Team of two in each location with a physician assistant and supported by the system-based team with expertise in all neurologic specialties, including neurodiagnostic services.
About the Position:
- Focus on new consults and complex patient management
- Advanced practitioners provide follow-up and continuing care
- 7 days on/7 days off schedule, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.(Monday to Monday)
- Night call covered by community-based, employed neurology team
- Board certified or board eligible in Neurology
- Will consider 2022 residency graduates.
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Competitive base salary, plus commencement and retention bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues
- CME time
- Relocation Allowance
About UPMC Central Pa.
UPMC Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Central Pa. health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania s top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia it s a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com America s Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a 2 3 hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.