UPMC Central Pa is seeking a qualified Transplant Nephrologist to join our growing team at UPMC Harrisburg. Become a part the UPMC Central Pa team and grow in a well-supported, collegial environment.
- Focus on transplant nephrology
- Team of 3 nephrologists, 3 transplant surgeons, 2 APP's
- Evaluation of kidney and donor candidates
- Inpatient and outpatient care of transplant recipients
- Participate in selection committees
- BC/BE in nephrology and transplant nephrology
- Transplant Nephrology fellowship required
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate positive clinical outcomes
- Competitive compensation package including commencement and retention bonuses
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
About South Central Pennsylvania
Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment.
Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia it's a great place to grow a career and family.
Listed among Forbes.com America's Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC in Central Pa.
UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.