Trinity Health Of New England the region's largest employer is seeking its next Chair for the Department of Pathology at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center located in Hartford, Connecticut.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Board Certified Pathologist with proven leadership experience to lead our dedicated team of nine Pathologists as Department Chair.
Primary responsibilities include:
Leadership / Citizenship:
- Overall direction of the section
- Compliance with bylaw requirements re: section meetings
- Establish on call schedules
- Credentialing of new providers
- Provide leadership for the office's clinical and support staff
- Support efforts to ensure that individuals and the practice meets performance expectations
- Communicate key quality/operational data and support efforts to improve individual and office performance
- Support leadership goals for access and growth of section
- Support strategic initiatives, programs, protocols, and services
- Ensure appropriate access to services for patients and referring providers
- Facilitate the recruitment and onboarding of new physician, APRN, or PA clinical staff
- Facilitate the implementation of business plans
Quality and Patient Experience:
- Re-credentialing of providers (OPPE)
- Assist in risk management reviews or patient care concerns
- Review/participate in OPPE/FPPE as needed
- Work with IT and other support services of the hospital as needed to improve patient care
- Ensures that the practice provides efficient, effective, and timely medical care
- Monitor quality, access, and patient satisfaction metrics and supports PI efforts
- Provide day-to-day supervision of work in the medical group, and respond to patient complaints concerning medical and when appropriate staff issues
- Partner with clinical support staff, administration, and physician leadership as needed in support of organizational goals
- Ensure efficient resource utilization, including best use of clinical best practices, evidenced-based medicine, and population health strategies
- Facilitate office adherence to SFMG, Hospital, and accrediting/regulatory agency standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate levels of medical coverage through proper scheduling and staffing
Finances and Revenue Cycle:
- Review section hospital budget as needed
- Work with leadership to submit capital budget items
- Participate in any GDI initiatives
- Partner with practice managers and leadership on annual budget targets
- Partner with billing team and providers to ensure efficient, timely process for submitting bills
- Enhance practice profitability through increased revenue per wRVU through accurate coding, denial management and payment reconciliation
Educations / Research:
- Participate in clinical education as needed
- Organize grand rounds
- Coordinate research activities as needed
- Respond to requests for interviews and other external medial opportunities
The successful candidate will be Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology. 5 10 years of related experience as a General Pathologist and oversight in a clinical laboratory environment is strongly preferred.
Candidates should also have the following: understanding of College of American Pathologists (CAP), FDA, JCAHO, NRC accreditation requirements; an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image; knowledgeable of academic medical settings and a proven track record of successfully working in such settings; be a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus; an intelligent, articulate team player who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and who possesses excellent communication skills.
Trinity Health Of New England is proud of its focus on collaborative team-based healthcare and employee wellness. Our practice model empowers our physicians to work at their highest level and allows time for professional development and family life. Whether you are focused on providing outstanding patient-centered care or driven to grow into a leadership role, it s time to join Trinity Health Of New England.
Trinity Health Of New England offers a competitive base salary with additional incentives, an excellent benefits package, and a great work/life balance.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center is a 617-bed acute care hospital in Hartford, Connecticut serving the north central Connecticut area since 1897. Part of Trinity Health Of New England, the region's largest health system, it is a high-performing Level I Trauma Center and an advanced tertiary care referral center with a robust group of consultants and specialists. Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center is also a major teaching hospital, academically affiliated with both the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. It offers opportunities to conduct clinical research and teach graduate and undergraduate medical and surgical learners.
Trinity Health Of New England is just beginning its story. Formed in 2015, the regional ministry's roots date back more than 100 years. The region s largest and most comprehensive not-for-profit Catholic health system is a strategic partnership that includes Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center and Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut; Johnson Memorial Hospital in Stafford Springs, Connecticut; Saint Mary s Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut; and Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Hartford, Connecticut - The state capital, has a population of approximately 125,000 residents. Home to Armsmear, the historic residence of industrialist Samuel Colt, inventor of the Colt revolver, Hartford now hosts major corporations, including Aetna, Cigna, United Technologies and Bank of America. It is also a city of neighborhoods from Little Italy in the South End to the ornate homes of Keney Park to Upper Albany, known for its Caribbean restaurants. Hartford is home to the Mark Twain House & Museum, Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts, the renowned Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art and the Connecticut Science Center. Hartford has good public and private schools, as well as higher-education institutions, including Trinity College and the University of Connecticut. Hartford is served by major highways, Amtrak, Connecticut Transit and Bradley International Airport.