Urology Faculty Physician Opportunities:
- Adult General Urology
- Pediatric Urology
- Urologic Oncology
The Department of Urology within the West Virginia University School of Medicine is expanding urology services throughout our WVU Health System, known as WVU Medicine. Our opportunities include both academic and community-based practices. WVU Medicine is a broad, integrated network of doctors, hospitals, clinics, and specialized institutes across West Virginia, Southwestern Pennsylvania, Western Maryland, and Ohio. With more than 20,000 employees; 2,815 providers; 22 member, managed, and affiliate hospitals; and more than 2.5 million patient visits annually, WVU Medicine is West Virginia s largest health system and the state s largest employer.
- The WVU Medicine System is currently composed of 18 hospitals, 4 hospitals where management services are provided, and has 5 clinical institutes on its main campus.
- The Department of Urology is the leading urologic resource in the state and surrounding region and delivers care across the entire spectrum of urologic disease for children and adults. The department maintains a fully accredited 5-year Urology Residency Training Program accepting two residents annually. The department provides enhanced clinical urologic education to residents, hospital physicians, and staff members and maintains comprehensive urologic research protocols on both the basic and clinical levels. The department maintains state of the art equipment including the ability to perform minimally invasive, laparoscopic, and robotic procedures.
- WVU Urology is ranked as one of the best programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report. WVU Medicine Children s has the only comprehensive pediatric urology service with fellowship-trained physicians in the state. Our pediatric program has been ranked in the top 50 programs nationally in each of the last years. Our Adult Urology program has been ranked as High Performing or in the Top 50 in each of the last 8 years.
- Candidates must have an MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent and be eligible for state medical licensure.
- Successful candidates must have completed a urology residency program and be board certified/eligible in urology.
- We seek dedicated, hard-working, passionate physicians who want to join our growing health-care system.
- All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
To learn more, visit https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/urology/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/careers/. For additional information, please contact Stanley Zaslau, MD, Chairman, Department of Urology at email@example.com or Pam Furbee, Senior Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.