You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.Emergency Department
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- ED Volume: 32,000
- 28 ED beds (3 QuickCare beds, "results pending" suite)
- 26% Admissions Rate
- Level IV Trauma Designation
- 8 and 10-hour shifts
- BC/BP in emergency medicine preferred
- Cerner FirstNet Documentation
- ED physicians operate with an efficient "split-flow" ED process
- Dedicated ED administrative assistants to manage all admission, consult and transfer calls
- NPs and PAs practice independently in the ED (Physicians don't sign APP charts unless consulted to coordinate care)
- Extensive recent remodeling, adding extra space for multiple large resuscitation rooms
- Layout of department allows for immediate conversion of different spaces to become negative-pressure areas as needed
- Baptist Medical Center has been delivering the highest quality care in San Antonio since 1903
- Excellent specialty coverage (neurosurgery, neurointerventional specialty, trauma, OB, pediatrics) is available across the five hospitals in San Antonio's Baptist Health System and six hospitals with Resolute
- Emergent PCI services available onsite
- Inpatient geriatric psychiatric service, as well as on-site Behavioral Assessment Team to assist with triaging and transferring pediatric and adult patients requiring inpatient psychiatric treatment
San Antonio is a city rich in history, culture, education and recreation. Residents enjoy all the advantages of living in a large city without sacrificing a sense of community and small-town vibe. Home of the Alamo, the San Antonio Spurs, and the famous River Walk promenade lined with cafes and shops, there is always something of interest to enjoy. Residential opportunities abound with historic, downtown area bungalows, beautiful established estate homes, suburbs with outstanding public-school systems and rural areas for those preferring wide, open space. In addition to UT at San Antonio, there are numerous colleges and universities.
Baptist Health System - Baptist Medical Center
111 Dallas Street
San Antonio, TX 78205 view map