The Medical University of South Carolina and MUSC Health are seeking an outstanding candidate to lead and grow a newly established Family Medicine Residency program in the role of Family Medicine Residency Director in Florence, South Carolina.
Operating out of MUSC Health – Florence Medical Center, MUSC’s new Florence Family Medicine Residency Program will offer the Family Medicine Residency Director the opportunity to develop a diverse and challenging academic Family Medicine curriculum, mentor residents and medical students, and participate in leadership development activities. The Program Director will have responsibility and authority for the administration and operations of the program, including the supervision, teaching and evaluation of residents in keeping with the ACGME core competencies. The position also involves participation in predoctoral and postdoctoral programs within the department. The chosen candidate will receive affiliate-faculty appointment, and will have access to support from MUSC’s Department of Family Medicine in Charleston.
Other responsibilities include:
- Program development and growth in adherence to ACGME accreditation requirements
- Ensuring compliance with MUSC-Regional Network’s policies and procedures
- Didactic/clinical teaching and supervision of residents in the Family Medicine program
- Providing direct patient care as part of the faculty practice, including call coverage
- Participation in quality improvement and research programs and other collaborative activities within the MUSC community
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to relate to groups at all levels within the organization, including office staff, faculty, and senior leadership. In addition, candidates should display initiative, a positive attitude, flexibility, commitment to institutional goals and objectives, and must hold themselves and others to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine
- Graduation from an ACGME or AOA accredited Family Medicine residency program
- Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Unrestricted licensure in the State of South Carolina
- Unrestricted federal and state-controlled substance registration
- Outstanding clinical skills, including significant experience caring for inpatient and outpatient newborns, children, and adults, and performing ambulatory procedures
- Outstanding educational and administrative skills, with a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- Regional or national leadership experience
- Significant accomplishment in scholarly activity
We will provide:
- Competitive compensation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- Occurrence malpractice coverage
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- $5,000 CME allowance + 5 days off
- Epic EMR platform
- MUSC affiliate faculty appointment, and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library
Originally founded at the intersection of three railways, Florence, South Carolina, has transformed from a small, quiet rail town to a bustling center of industry, healthcare, education, culture, retail, and recreation. In Florence, you’ll find ample shopping opportunities, fine dining, entertainment, live music events, year-round outdoor recreation, and fantastic schools.
You’re also only a 2-hour drive away from Charlotte, NC, and the Charlotte International Airport (CLT), as well as Charleston International Airport (CHS), and the scenic beaches and historic charm of Charleston, SC.
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) has grown from a small private medical school founded in 1824 into one of the nation’s top academic health science centers, with a 700-bed medical center and six colleges. As South Carolina’s only comprehensive academic health center, MUSC is engaged in activities statewide, and provides a full range of programs in the biomedical sciences.
Its main campus is located on more than 80 acres in the city of Charleston, with an overall population of about 13,000 clinicians, faculty, staff and students. Nearly 3,000 students in six colleges (Dental Medicine, Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy) study for degrees at the baccalaureate, master's, doctoral, and other professional levels. The university also provides residency training for more than 700 graduate health professionals, and the teaching staff is comprised of more than 1,700 full and part-time faculty.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. This integrated health care system is accessible via its downtown Charleston campus, seven regional medical centers, more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
MUSC Health - Florence Medical Center, part of MUSC Health’s regional network, is a regional acute care facility comprised of 396 beds, more than 1,500 employees and nearly 250 physicians representing all major specialties dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the citizens of Northeastern South Carolina. We offer acute care, diagnostic services, women’s health, orthopedic services, cancer care, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency/trauma care, community health services and more.
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
To learn more about this opportunity, or to submit your CV, contact Paula Hinson: firstname.lastname@example.org.