Well-established OBGYN private practice seeking a BC OB/GYN hospitalist to join our collaborative team in providing excellent hospital-based care. This position will provide in-hospital coverage for primarily obstetric care with occasional gynecologic responsibilities. Primarily, this role will support our in-house midwifery team, providing physician backup and management for our practice s labor patients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing physician management for only our private practice OB patients in labor, triage, antepartum admissions, and high risk postpartum management
- Scheduled C-sections, circumcisions, antepartum rounds, and collaboration with our in-house midwife team
- Coverage of hospital ER gyn call occasionally required
- Coordinating and consulting with appropriate specialists, with Maternal Fetal Medicine readily available for consults
- Practice typically averages 3-4 deliveries per day, with the midwife being first call for low-risk vaginal deliveries
- Midwife manages phone calls/answering service and low risk triage visits
- Typical/average day would include 1-2 scheduled C-sections, 1-3 circumcisions, 1-3 antepartum or postpartum rounds, occasional Gyn consults
Schedule and coverage details:
- Schedule could be full time or part time
- Full time equivalent would be 8 24-hour call shifts per month. Part time equivalent would be 4 24-hour call shifts per month.
- Hospitalist would participate in practice call coverage schedule
- Hospital has 24 hour in-house anesthesia, Level 3 NICU, and in-house hospitalist for emergency backup needs
- Dedicated, comfortable physician call rooms with en-suite bathrooms and lounge.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation package with sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- Health, life, vision, dental insurance
- 401k profit sharing plan with employer funded Safe Harbor contribution
- CME allowance annually
- Professional liability insurance
- Coverage of license, credentialing fees and dues
- Four weeks of paid time off
- (Part time equivalent benefits would include all of the above, except would not be eligible for health insurance coverage)
- Active, unrestricted Georgia medical license
- Board certification
- Current DEA license
Please see our website at www.reyesobgyn.com for more information about our practice.