Neuro-Oncology Opportunity in Miami
The Department of Neurology at the University of Miami Health Miller School of Medicine is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology.
- Treatment and prevention of neurological diseases, specializing the treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors
- The primary clinical focus will be in the treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors, and the incumbent will also be expected to see some patients with neurologic complications from their malignancy (leukemic or lymphomatous meningitis, hyper viscosity syndrome, peripheral neuropathies, etc.).
- Participation in research programs in metastatic brain tumors and complications arising from the malignancy.
- Participation in the training program of the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Neurology Residency Training Program
- Will be expected to provide teaching students, residents, and fellows in both inpatient and outpatient settings as well as attendance at resident and fellowship events/conferences
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Schedule, Call schedule: 1 week per month
- Staff mix: 3 Neuro-Oncologists, 5 Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Medical and Clinical Assistants, and Administrative Assistant on team.
- Inpatient Volume: 6-10 average Outpatient Volume: 16-24 average
- Requires an MD degree from an accredited University (or foreign equivalent)
- Board Certified in Neurology
- Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain a Florida Medical License
South Florida benefits:
- No State Income Tax
- Ability to live near Miami or surrounding cities (live tropical, suburban or luxury downtown)