Mercy Health Physician Partners (MHPP) is seeking a full-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist to join our Mercy Health Saint Mary's Psychiatry Team located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 28 bed inpatient Psychiatric Medical Unit (PMU)
- PMU cares for those affected with both medical and psychiatric disorders
- The PMU at Mercy Health Saint Mary s Campus provides a unique and valuable resource to Grand Rapids and the larger regional community.
- Individuals with psychiatric illness often suffer from medical illness at the same time. Indeed, the higher incidence of substance abuse along with the less-than-ideal economic opportunities for the mentally ill causes them to have a greater need for medical services than the general population.
- In many communities these individuals must be hospitalized in general medical beds, where the bustling environment and restricted personal space can aggravate their behavioral disorder. The PMU offers an alternative for many of these patients.
- The unit is equipped and staffed to provide the same level of acute care as a general medical unit but offers patients greater freedom of movement and social interaction than a general medical floor does, as well as provides therapeutic programming specifically designed to address mental illness.
- For someone suffering from chronic mental illness who develops the need for acute hospital care, for a patient at a psychiatric hospital who becomes acutely medically ill, or for an individual with new onset psychiatric symptoms associated with a severe medical illness, the PMU offers a custom-tailored therapeutic environment.
- Many patients admitted to the PMU have an acute medical illness which requires hospital admission. Some have chronic medical conditions which cannot be managed in a free-standing psychiatric hospital, such as a need for dialysis, or for complete nursing care due to severe debilitation. Occasionally, medical subspecialty expertise or specialized equipment needs to be at hand. The PMU exists to meet these needs.
- Highly motivated and engaged team of psychiatric providers, utilizing the Shared Decision-Making model to ensure a top percentile culture of safety and engagement.
- Position crosses the continuum of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health
- Behavioral Health Integration into Primary Care using the Collaborative Care Model
- The collaborative care model depends on maximizing the skill set of existing providers and minimizing duplication of resources.
- Validated screening tools to identify depression and anxiety are increasingly part of the standard of care for every office visit and can be used to identify the target population.
- Psychiatric services are reserved for a consultative role. Between the primary clinician and the psychiatrist is the behavioral health specialist (BHS), who will coordinate and manage the behavioral care of the target population.
- The BHS is embedded in the primary office, where they can participate in warm hand-offs with the primary clinicians, meet prospective patients face-to-face, and arrange for initial therapy visits.
- The BHS will employ short-term, cognitive-behavioral and motivational models of therapy, typically spending around 4 -5 hours with any given patient divided over 7 10 sessions.
- The BHS has a weekly phone session with a psychiatrist for the systematic case review, where new patients and patients who are not doing as well are discussed.
- The psychiatrist may make therapy or medication recommendations, but it is the responsibility of the BHS and the primary clinician to implement them.
- The psychiatrist may also be available for immediate telephone "curbside" consultation with the primary office.
- Neuro-Psychiatric Clinic offering outpatient psychiatric services
- Electro-Convulsant Therapy and other cutting-edge therapies/procedures
Call for this opportunity is currently 1:4 weekends and 1:4 call.
These is an exciting opportunity for the right Psychiatry physician to be part of a busy multi-specialty group practice.
As a MHPP employed provider, you can anticipate:
- Competitive salary
- Recruitment bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Full time benefit package
- Malpractice insurance w/tail
- CME funds, licensure, and professional membership support
- 403b with employer contribution & match
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Mercy Health Physician Partners is a multi-specialty network of more than 500 primary care and specialist physicians and growing. Our goal is to improve community health by providing easily accessible, high quality health care. In fact, quality improvement and excellence in care are at the core of our philosophy. Our many office locations throughout the greater Grand Rapids area offer convenience and easy access to care. In addition, Mercy Health Physician Partners has several weekend urgent care or express care centers.
For more information, please visit our website at www.mercyhealthphysicianpartners.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan, known for its unique combination of urban sophistication and small-town warmth, Grand Rapids is located in Western Michigan on the banks of the legendary Grand River. Incorporated in 1839, today the community is rated among the top cities in the U.S., combining family-friendliness with safety, cleanliness, and an uncommon commitment to enterprise. Businesses tend to thrive because of the region s famous work ethic and a historical commitment to the value of innovation.
Located just minutes away from the splendor of Lake Michigan beaches and dozens of quaint lakeshore towns and villages, Grand Rapids has developed a regional reputation for major artistic and cultural events, a full calendar of stage plays and concerts, outstanding museums, and a world-class botanical garden and sculpture park.
Greater Grand Rapids is Michigan s fastest growing region. A growing economy, outstanding health care, low cost of living, award-winning schools and diverse cultural options are just a few reasons why Grand Rapids is a great place to live. The region is home to people of nearly every race, creed, color, religion and national origin the public school students alone represent more than 40 languages and 53 countries.
For more information on Grand Rapids, MI please visit www.grandrapids.org
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.