MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center has an excellent full time opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist to join a busy, well-established practice located in Mason City, Iowa.
The selected candidate will join a three physician and one midlevel practice, covering a 14 county area with a total population of 250,000.
This practice is located at the local hospital, MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center, a 342-bed regional referral and teaching hospital. MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center just opened a $10.6 million Behavioral Health Center in June. The overall design of the new center was created by the extensive research and site visits by our Behavioral Health Team who visited several regional behavioral health facilities. The addition is next to our Emergency Department and includes the following elements:
- First floor houses our outpatient services including the Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization programs. The space includes an intake room, a 12-bed adult unit and group room. The entrance to the building also houses a unique feature - a community help center, which is called the "Jan Again Center for Hope and Safety." The help center provides free access to information on community resources, such as how to get help for those struggling with mental illness and general information on the disease.
- Second floor home to an adolescent unit as well as a second adult unit. The adult units contain 24 private rooms, a group therapy room, a dining room and a large space for socialization. The adolescent unit has 5 semi-private rooms, a group therapy room and a dining room.
- Sensory or "calming rooms" in each of the inpatient units.
- Specific areas in the inpatient and outpatient units for telehealth treatment.
- Open concept nurses stations supported by recent research indicating a correlation between open nurses stations on psychiatric units and decreased rates of violence toward staff and lower rates of seclusion/restraints on those units.
This is an underserved area, so the practice opportunities are unlimited! Outpatient practice also includes services with several nursing home and residential care facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Psychiatrist to be part of MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a 342-bed regional referral teaching hospital, named Top 100 Hospital nationally for achieving excellence in clinical outcomes, growth and fiscal management for several years. We are a faith-based, not-for-profit community healthcare system offering comprehensive healthcare services for people throughout northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.
Our 300+ physician medical staff offers nearly all medical and surgical subspecialties, from general medical care to open-heart surgery. This is a full-service Hospital with a 24/7 Hospitalist program. We are a Level III trauma center and offer post-graduate education programs on site, including a four-year Cardiology Fellowship, Palliative Care Fellowship, Family Medicine Residency Program and Internal Medicine Residency Program. Our outpatient clinic practice setting is enhanced by close access to inpatients, on site medical imaging, a wide range of specialists for consultation, a sleep lab, electronic medical records, PACS and a full-service medical library. MercyOne North Iowa combines the family atmosphere of a hometown healthcare center with the technology, services and resources of a major modern medical center.
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center continually achieves remarkable results for patients through the unlimited power of teamwork, the highest standards of quality, dynamic partnerships and advanced technology.
MercyOne North Iowa is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Visit this link to learn more about our medical center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Vb_GxGFL0&feature=youtu.be
Mason City, Iowa is a friendly Midwest community of 27,000+ people and is the largest urban center in North Central Iowa. We are located two hours north of Des Moines, IA, and two hours south of Minneapolis, MN.
According to a recent analysis by WalletHub, Iowa was ranked as the number one state for physicians based on two key dimensions, "opportunity and competition" and "medical environment." Iowa's doctors have the fourth-highest average annual wages adjusted for cost of living according to the analysis. Enjoy a stable economy, low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and parochial), fine arts museum, dance studios, performing arts theaters and a regional orchestra.
Mason City is home to the only remaining Frank Lloyd Wright designed hotel in the world, recently restored and opened once again for business. Popular recreational venues and activities in North Iowa are Mason City s aquatic center, YMCA, indoor ice arena, and abundant outdoor activities including tennis, golf, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, nature preserve photography, water sports and sailing. That lake home you ve dreamed of could also become a reality, as Clear Lake is a mere nine miles from Mason City. The area is legendary as it was the final site of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson's concert held at the legendary Surf Ballroom.
For more information on Mason City, Iowa, visit www.masoncityia.com