UnityPoint Clinic is actively recruiting for a Pulmonary Critical Care Physician to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Choose a career that matters at UnityPoint Health. At UnityPoint Health, we believe that our patient-centered vision and physician-driven philosophy, along with our one team approach, ensures every patient knows just how much they matter to this world. Commitment to our team has earned us a spot on the Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker s Healthcare. Come be an essential part of our core purpose to improve the health of the people and communities we serve. At UnityPoint Health, you matter.
UnityPoint Clinic is a physician-led, nonprofit health care organization offering comprehensive services in primary care, walk-in care and specialty care. The clinical teams at the area s clinics are improving outcomes, lowering the number of hospital readmissions and reducing avoidable costs associated with treating chronic conditions. The UnityPoint Clinic team is known for excellence and quality patient care putting patients at the center of their care to provide the best level of health and well-being.
UnityPoint Health Cedar Rapids serves a seven-county area surrounding Cedar Rapids. St. Luke s Hospital is the only hospital in Cedar Rapids designated as a Top 50 Heart Hospital six times, has been named a top 50 Hospital in the Nation by Healthgrades, named one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health eight times and also has been honored six times as Becker s Hospital Review 100 Great Hospitals in America . St. Luke s is also a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence.
- Established team of 4 physicians and 6 Advanced Practitioners
- Established Multi-Specialty practice serving the Cedar Rapids community
- Experienced staff, both clinical and non-clinical, who know the patients and the community
- Full-time position; Mix of both Clinic and Hospital
- Fully integrated system with clinics and hospitals on EPIC EMR to improve care coordination
- Schedule is on a 5-week rotation (clinic, ICU, hospital floors, hospital nights, clinic)
- Advanced Practitioner support for clinic and inpatient care of patients
- Open ICU with intensivist management, and support of Hospitalist
- New robotic bronchoscopy (Ion Endoluminal Robotic bronchoscopy system)
- Average of 18 patients per clinic day and average ICU census 15 and 20 other floors
- Physicians are on a 5-week rotation (clinic, ICU, hospital floors, hospital nights, clinic)
- Shared call amongst the providers
- Ability to work as a team member to improve the health of the people and communities we serve
- Specialty skills: Intubation, central lines, arterial lines, chest tubes, thoracentesis, bronchoscopy, paracentesis
- Evaluates, interprets and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care
- Patient-focused, friendly and willing to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- MD or DO
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Critical Care
- Ability to obtain and hold an unrestricted license to practice in the state of Iowa
- Hold current and unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer medications as necessary or appropriate to the physician s field of practice
- Eligible to work in the United States (H1-B cap exempt)
- Initial 2-year salary guarantee with ability to exceed on an innovative compensation program
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive incentive package
- A competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what stage of life you are in.
- Generous time off and CME allowance, malpractice insurance, retirement contributions and more
- Dedicated provider resources to positively impact providers work-life balance
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, including a free third-party service for loan restructuring and consolidation.
- A commitment to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Support and development opportunities that are a crucial part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- A culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what s right for the people we serve.
Vibrant, unique and industrious, Cedar Rapids is one of Iowa s centers of excellence for arts and culture and an economic hub of the state s Eastern region. As the second-largest city in the state, The City of Five Seasons offers its residents a wide variety of amenities, attractions and career opportunities on par with its nearby, out-of-state counterparts (Chicago, St. Louis and Minneapolis) without the high cost of living, hustle and bustle. Learn more about Cedar Rapids and why it offers one of the best places to live, work and play in the Midwest.