Laredo Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Hematology Oncology Physician to join the community.
- Call Coverage Available every other week
- 2hours from San Antonio
- H as Infusion Center that is run by the hospital – it has grown 400% in past 2 years – physician is part of the planning, but does not run the center.
- 50/50 Hem/Onc
- IM Residents rotate through inpatient rounding
- Office Space Available
- Will accept graduating Fellows
- Joining 1 other Hem/Onc provider
- Includes 8 patient rooms with experienced Clinical Manager and Staff
- No visa support available
- Spanish is a plus
We offer an excellent recruitment package that may include:
- Commencement bonus
- Potential medical education debt assistance
- Relocation, marketing and CME allowances
- Texas does not have a personal state income tax!
Laredo, TX is located on the north bank of the Rio Grande River on the border of Mexico and the United States.
- Population of around 275,000
- Home to Texas A&M International University and Laredo Community College
- Multiple historical districts, many on the National Register of Historic Places
- Home to the Tecolotes Dos Laredos, the Triple-A minor league team for the Mexican League that plays home games in both Mexico and in Laredo
- Many family friendly pools and parks
About Laredo Medical Center:
- Laredo’s largest hospital – beautiful campus overlooking a small lake
- 326-bed licensed acute care facility offering a range of inpatient and outpatient services
- Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by Joint Commission, Designation of Chest Pain Accredited v6 with Primary PCI Accreditation, also accredited for its Bariatric program.
- The only hospital in Laredo with a dedicated unit for bone and joint services.
- 175 on Active Staff – 49 Specialties and Sub-Specialties
- Level III NICU
- Largest ED in the region – Level III Trauma designation
- Robotics assisted surgery
- EMR: Athena (Clinic) and Cerner (Hospital)
- Supportive administration and Board – extremely easy to work with and forward-looking. Focused on finding a way to help their medical staff be more successful (local interest)
- Nearest tertiary is in San Antonio – 2 hours away. Has CareFlite