U.S. Army Medical Corps
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As a Psychiatrist on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team , you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself into a special culture and environment in which your diagnoses and treatments will support the readiness of our military’s efforts and improve the lives of our Soldiers and their families. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative technologies and treatments in the industry all while practicing in world-class facilities and advancing your skills. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join us and work alongside professionals at the top of their fields while helping expand the boundaries of psychiatry.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in psychiatric medicine