Excellent compensation, benefits of group practice in beautiful four-season community.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Large financially stable multispecialty group practice provides strong referral base and necessary resources for high volume practice. Focus on patient satisfaction and teamwork in an environment of mutual respect and support.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter - Surgical Services, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.426.6009 (cell)
Guthrie has a strong corporate balance sheet and an A+ Standard & Poors bond-rating. Guthrie continues to invest in patient services, as evidenced by expanding our facilities in the Corning/Elmira and Ithaca/Cortland markets. The new Cortland Cancer Center opened this fall. The harbor-front multispecialty facility in Ithaca represents a $31 million investment and is on track for a Spring 2022 opening. We continue to expand services and to grow our provider complement as evidenced by signing over 100 providers in FY21.
Highlights of the Position
- Strong regional name recognition with broad referral base
- Most common procedures/surgeries: General plastics and soft tissue reconstruction (flaps), post-Oncologic and trauma reconstruction,
- Microvascular breast reconstruction is a plus
- 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- 6 exam rooms and 3 procedure rooms in clinic
- In-house General Surgery Residency Program and teaching opportunities with regular rotations of residents and medical students.
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- All Guthrie Physicians can engage in clinical and academic research
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities Guthrie has 6 residency programs and 3 fellowship programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in the medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing Spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.