Medical Director Hospitalist Program with Wayne UNC Health Goldsboro, NC
UNCPN has the opportunity for a Medical Director to join our growing hospitalist team in Goldsboro, NC. This position involve leading a high-quality, team-based inpatient services group of hospitalists and nocturnists.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package and benefits including, quality bonus, CME, retirement plan, practice coverage and relocation bonus.
Goldsboro is located one hour east of Raleigh, the vibrant state capital, and 90 minutes from the NC coast. We have great weather, a welcoming community, an energized downtown and a low cost of living. It's a mid-sized town with easy access to a city lifestyle, and a community hospital that's part of one of the country's top-rated health care systems, UNC Health.
UNC Wayne is a modern facility with 316 Acute Care Beds 120+ year history
- 38 Emergency Beds
- 4 Trauma beds
- 4 Behavioral Health Beds
- 16 Bed ICU
- 8 Bed Labor and Delivery Unit
- 26 Bed Nursery
- 22 Bed Behavioral Health Unit
- EMR: EPIC
Brief Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate, train and monitor the hospitalist personnel
- Assist in timely resolution of inter-department problems as they arise
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- In concert with the hospital?s process for responding to patient complaints
- Supervisory or leadership experienced required
- Three or more years of hospitalist experience required
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Graduation from an accredited school of Medicine or DO school
- North Carolina licensed or in process
I look forward to assisting you with starting your career at UNC Health! Check out the below websites about the location and the hospital.
For more information please contact Sheila Barnes at Sheila.Barnes@unchealth.unc.edu or call 919-622-6220.