The Iowa City IA VA Health Care System (ICVAHCS) is seeking a Board Certified and Experienced Radiologist for Chief of Imaging Service Line supervisory position. The selected Radiologist will be responsible for the overall management, planning, organization, direction, and control of all programs within the department. The Chief of Imaging Service is also responsible for fiscal oversight, patient satisfaction, patient care delivery, and appropriate interfacing with all other services of the Iowa City VA Health Care System. Position offers competitive agency salary, outstanding benefits, a recruitment incentive, and eligibility to apply for VA's Education Loan Repayment Program Award of up to $200k for eligible educational loans. Join our VA Health Care Team and enjoy 26 days of vacation (with pay) and 13 days of sick leave annually, as well as company time off for Continuing Medical Education, and observance of 11 Federal Holidays each year. The Iowa City VA Health Care System is a comprehensive tertiary health care center, teaching hospital, and research facility, with 83 operational hospital beds, and is academically affiliated with the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. Work Schedule is Mondays Fridays, 8:00 AM 4:30 PM. Call is infrequent (rare & negotiable).
- Must be U.S. Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must have current, active & unencumbered U.S. State Medical License
- Chief of Imaging must be BC in Diagnostic Radiology with preference for candidates with supervisory experience in specialty
With a population of 74,828, Iowa City is the home of the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, and is in eastern Iowa along the Iowa River on Interstate 80. Commonly known as a college town, Iowa city is also home to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC). In November 2008, UNESCO designated Iowa City as the world's third City of Literature , making it a part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network . City Plaza (Pedestrian Mall or simply Ped Mall) serves as a gathering place for students and locals and draws large crowds for its summertime events. Iowa City is home to many public spaces, including 231-acre Waterworks Prairie Park, with many miles of cycling trails.
- VA supports healthy work-life-family balance & offers robust menu of benefits & features
- Salary range is $350,000 to $400,000 & may include annual performance bonus up to $15,000
- Selected candidates may be considered for Recruitment Incentive up to 15% of annual salary
- Selected candidates may be eligible for Education Debt Reduction Program of up to $200,000
- Paid time off includes 26 days vacation with pay, 13 days of sick leave, and 11 federal holidays
- Health-Dental-Vision-Life Insurance offered with premiums partially offset by the government
- Federal Employee Retirement System & Thrift Savings Plan, a 401k like plan, with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA, offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice and leadership/management experience, and other credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 675-5761.