The Division of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, in the Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) is seeking a Trauma Medical Director to lead a new Level 3 trauma center at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center (MGMC).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- is Board Eligible/Certified in general surgery with added qualification in surgical critical care
- has a track record of program development, academic/scholarly/research and accomplishments to lead the development of this program
- has interest in education/teaching of medical students and surgical residents
- has a passion for high quality and clinical care
- has excellent communication skills
- is willing to work in a high volume matrix environment
Dignity Health Medical Group works in partnership with Chandler Regional Medical Center (CRMC), an ACS-verified Level I trauma center in suburban Phoenix. Our team s focus is driven around collaboration, treating the whole patient, providing support for the hospital. CRMC evaluates over 80,000 patients in the emergency department and almost 4000 trauma patients.
ABOUT CHANDLER, ARIZONA:
Chandler has a population of 260,000 people with a smaller-town atmosphere that is 30 miles south of Phoenix. The average household income in Chandler is $82,954 which is among the highest in the state of Arizona. The region is a growing tech hub in the Southwest.
With over 240 physicians and 800 total employees, Dignity Health Medical Group Arizona is a comprehensive, integrated, multispecialty, academic medical group that serves Dignity Health St. Joseph s and Westgate Medical Centers, Chandler Regional Medical Center, and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center a flagship region of Dignity Health currently headquartered in San Francisco, California. The physicians of DHMG AZ are regularly involved with clinical duties, as well as academics and translational bench research, keeping the enhancement of care and the patient experience at the forefront of the work that they do.
ABOUT THE CULTURE OF DIGNITY HEALTH:
Dignity Health, as part of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the nation seeks to serve the poor and disenfranchised, while furthering the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. The mission of Dignity Health Medical Group is consistent with Dignity Health's mission and St. Joseph's guiding principles with a focus on innovative clinical care and the pursuit of excellence through scholarly activities. As part of the Dignity Health hospital system, DHMG has full access to the staff and all facilities on our hospital campuses. This unique relationship with our hospital allows Dignity Health Medical Group to provide its patients with state-of-the-art patient services including care of the poor and disenfranchised.
- MD or DO Degree
- ABS Board Certification/Eligibility
- Must have or be eligible for medical licensure in Arizona.
- ATLS certification
- Completed ACGME Residency training program
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- A passion for providing clinically excellent care
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package that includes a matched 403b and an employer-funded pension plan
- Relocation allowance for applicable physicians
- CME benefit
- Excellent malpractice insurance