The Guthrie Clinic seeks a Chief Medical Officer for Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA and Troy Community Hospital in Troy, PA.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We re glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Highlights of the opportunity
- The position of Chief Medical Officer is accountable, in partnership with the SVP/President of Robert Packer Hospital for leading and directing excellence in clinical practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, the hospital patient experience as well as regulatory requirements.
- This includes data-driven analysis of clinical care and monitoring of the medical staff s clinical performance, through medical staff committees, peer review, chart reviews and patient feedback.
- This role partners with the system Hospitalist leadership for management of the inpatient services at RPH and TCH.
- The CMO is accountable for quality and safety in partnership with the Chief Quality Officer. In collaboration with Patient Safety, the CMO will play a key role in reporting for governmental and payer requirements for clinical care in regulatory and value-based payment programs.
- This role will also partner with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) to manage utilization and care coordination in partnership with medical records and the post-acute care teams.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively with the academic and clinical communities. This position will actively promote research activities and medical education programs in collaboration with the DIO and will have oversight of CME program for the Guthrie system.
- The CMO will act as medical advisor to the RPH & TCH Presidents and administrative teams, and participate as an ex-officio member of the Medical Staff Executive, Peer Review, Emerging Technologies, Credentials, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees. As part of these activities, the CMO will manage peer review and ensure all medical staff members are afforded all rights of due process.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Kerry Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-725-8308.
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital is a 288-bed tertiary care, teaching hospital, that serves the region as a Level II Trauma Center. The Guthrie Clinic is also home to 10 graduate medical training programs with 125 residents and fellows.
Guthrie Troy Community Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital, as well as a Level IV Trauma Center.
- Board Certified MD or DO, with an accredited residency completion, with 10 years clinical practice and 5 years of hospital leadership in a complex healthcare system. A master s degree in healthcare administration is preferred
- Experience working with /leading physicians and staff with a diverse background and perspectives
- Continues to have a part time clinical practice
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A systems-oriented leader who can analyze complex scenarios and guide innovative approaches to optimize patient care
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Easy access to Guthrie Specialists
- All locations accredited Patient Centered Medical Home under the NCQA standards
- Care Coordinators (RN) available at all locations to care for high-risk patients and provide education
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.