Geriatric Medicine - Post Acute Care - Sayre, PA
Geriatric Medicine - Valley area
Guthrie is seeking a motivated Physician - Geriatrician/Family Medicine/Internal Medicine, with a passion for providing primary care to patients in affiliated, off-site, post acute care settings in Sayre and Athens, PA along with Waverly, Owego, Big Flats and Corning, NY.
The ideal candidate for this is one who seeks to impact the care and comfort of our aging population while building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Work Life Balance
- Flexible schedules available in some locations
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
- Call is 1:7
Dedication to Quality Patient Care
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Practice full-spectrum Internal Medicine / Family Medicine / Gerontological care under the Medical Directorship of a Guthrie employed Physician
- Opportunity for a mixed model practice to include Outpatient, Inpatient or Long Term Care based on candidate preference
- Work with larger network of primary care physicians to provide the best care possible for residents
- Strong support from a growing team based program with multiple physicians and APPs in each facility
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's various quality improvement teams
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary starting at $250,000 annually
- Medical school loan repayment - $150,000
- Medical Directorship certificate cost covered
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Teaching opportunities available - Family Medicine & Internal Medicine residencies
- Guthrie s Robert Packer Hospital Medical Education Department offers residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and General Surgery; fellowships in GI, Cardiology and Pulmonary/Critical Care to start in 2020. Medical student training is provided for students from affiliated medical schools.
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services