Work with a collaborative, multidisciplinary team dedicated to the treatment of Obesity and Obesity-related comorbidities.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Bariatrician to join its weight loss center in Sayre, PA.
Highlights of the Position
- New growth opportunity within Bariatrics, with excellent support from administration
- Practice includes Bariatricians, Bariatric Surgeon, Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Fitness Specialist, Clinical Psychologist, Practice Manager, Program Coordinators, dedicated nursing staff, and additional team members
- Emphasis on multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, with full accreditation as an MBSAQIP comprehensive center
- Free-standing and modern clinic facilities, with several Body Composition Analysis scales on site
- Robust EHR (Epic 10-Star health system, top 1% of Epic organizations)
- Candidate must be a diplomat of the American Board of Obesity Medicine
We would love to speak with you more about our opportunity. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to Dane Kinsman via email at Dane.Kinsman@guthrie.org or by phone at 570-887-6690.
Work Life Balance
- Advanced practice provider support within the clinic setting
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time 14 days with options for home study with option of converting one week into additional PTO.
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities Guthrie s 6 residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.