Starting Salary $480K plus bonus opportunity for qualified Anesthesiologist
Guthrie Medical Group is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Anesthesiologists for our expanding team.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie Cortland Medical Center, a 144-bed acute care facility with an attached 80-bed residential care facility, joined the Guthrie healthcare system in January 2019. For over 125 years, the people of Cortland have turned to us first for the best in medical care.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- Practice in a community hospital with 4 Operating Rooms (6 locations beginning this fall 2021)
- Anesthesia Care Team Model used
- Wide spectrum of cases plus lots of regional anesthesia (General Surgery, Orthopedics, GI, Urology, Ophthalmology, OB - 450 deliveries/year)
- Anesthesia Department manages O.R. schedule providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient work day
- 75% of time doing your own cases, 25% of time medically directing CRNAs
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including OR (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC organizations)
Work Life Balance
- Limited call schedule
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available.
- Relocation expenses paid up to $15,000
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie s central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.