Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Endocrinologist in Pennsylvania
The Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Health is seeking a pediatric endocrinologist for a primarily clinical position offering opportunities to develop research activities if desired. The successful candidate will work at the nationally and regionally ranked Penn State Health Children's Hospital. The new pediatric endocrinologist will staff seven sessions (four hours per session) per week in the outpatient clinic. Each session is dedicated to either diabetes or endocrinology, with 45 minutes allocated for diabetes patients and 30 minutes for endocrine patients. The Division does not currently see obesity and prediabetes patients. Candidates must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric endocrinology.About Penn State Health Children's Hospital
Penn State Health Children's Hospital is the only children's hospital in southcentral Pennsylvania and maintains the region's only Level IV, state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). The pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) at Penn State Health Children's Hospital received the highest rating for its care of medical, surgical, and trauma patients by the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Evaluations. This ranks the PICU among the top in the United States. The hospital is a leader in several specialties, including neonatal care, pediatric oncology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric surgery, and pediatric trauma.Opportunity Highlights
Community Highlights – Live in Hershey, PA – Overall Grade of A+ (Niche)
- Academic opportunity to join one of the top children's hospitals in the country
- Primarily clinical position with the opportunity to teach and do research
- Excellent collegial group of pediatric endocrinologists
- Penn State Health Children's Hospital is nationally and regionally ranked (US News & World Report)
- Highly desirable location to work and live
- Comprehensive benefits, including retirement plans, tuition assistance, and a relocation package
Hershey, PA, offers a great place to live, learn, work, play, and grow a family. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and diverse in culture. Located next to Pennsylvania's capital, Harrisburg, near the banks of the Susquehanna River, central Pennsylvania fosters a delightful quality of life in a picturesque environment.
- Safe, family-friendly community with a favorable cost of living
- Experience four beautiful seasons
- Great local schools
- Enjoy plenty of outdoor activities—hiking, biking, fishing, camping at several nearby state forests, and much more
- Access to incredible shopping and dining, professional sports, an international airport, and more
- Proximity to Baltimore, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington, DC.
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pediatric Endocrinologist, Endocrinology, Diabetes, Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Pediatric Care, Child Care, Internal Medicine, Internal Care, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical