LewisGale Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Facility Chief Medical Officer (CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital. The CMO provides senior-level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions, ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will facilitate the examination of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities and consults on an array of issues involving physicians
- You will contribute to overall hospital strategy and service line development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience
- You will drive expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience
- You will work with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staff, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- You will represent medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians
- You will create a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement
- You will develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- You will lead educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility
- You will serve as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate, group, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives
- You will collaborate with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities
- You will provide recommendations in the development and/or revision of hospital policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff and medical staff affairs
- You will serve as a consultant to hospital Medical Staff Services regarding physician credentialing, utilization, and quality profiling
- You will serve as a member of hospital s peer review committees as requested
- You will evaluates clinical appropriateness of new medical technologies and programs, and makes recommendations concerning the relevance of such technologies and programs to HCA hospitals including educating physicians on such technology
- You will consult with facility-level staff regarding delegated utilization management and disease management operations under managed care contracts. You will meet all regulatory/contractual/accreditation requirements associated with these functions
- You will serve as a clinical resource and consultant to hospital case managers and hospital staff in the reduction of payer denials and in the denial and appeals process, as requested by the Case Management Department and Patient Accounting Services
- You will serve as a key leader of the facility management team
- You will ensure clinical excellence is recognized and affirmed through quantifiable metrics in performance
- You will facilitate measurable improvement in physician and patient satisfaction
What qualifications you will need:
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Chief Medical Officer Salem Virgina. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.