UCSF Fresno and Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG) are recruiting for an academic faculty in Gynecologic Oncology. Responsibilities will include patient care at a faculty practice site, main teaching hospital, teaching/supervising students and residents, research, and quality improvement appropriate to professional training, capabilities, and career goals. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications.
UCSF Fresno, a regional campus of the University of California, San Francisco, features eight independent residency programs, seventeen fellowship programs and is a major teaching site for UCSF medical students.
At the time of hire, the applicant must have:
- Successfully completed ACGME/AOA accredited OB/GYN residency program
- Successfully completed ACGME/AOA accredited Gynecologic Oncology fellowship program
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in OBGYN and Gynecologic Oncology
- Eligible to obtain a California Medical License or already be licensed in the State of California
At a minimum, the responsibility of this position includes:
- Service to UCSF Fresno and CCFMG in areas of patient care, teaching and supervision, and research appropriate to their professional training, capabilities, and career goals.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Academic appointment and malpractice with UCSF School of Medicine
- Clinical volume is sufficient for a future fellowship program
- 100,000 sf state of the art Cancer Center
- Private faculty clinic
- Dedicated weekly OR block time
- Dual console da Vinci Robot surgical system
- Opportunities to participate in clinical trials
Department Recruitment Goals:
Recruit physicians who align with the needs of our multicultural population. Recruit physicians who demonstrate a desire/commitment to practice and care for patients in underserved areas. Recruit individuals who have a desire to teach and recruit physicians who want to practice in the Central Valley.
Fresno is a culturally diverse community with over 70 distinct ethnic groups in Fresno County with a large number of immigrants including a large Hmong community and over 50% of our population identifies as Hispanic/Latino. Our department serves as the safety net provider of Obstetrical and Gynecologic care in the Fresno area and surrounding counties for patients without providers or insurance coverage. Our resident clinic is based in a federally qualified health center where 80% of our patients rely on state funded insurance and 10% are uninsured. Our goal is to recruit physicians who want to provide care and address health inequities in the culturally rich San Joaquin Valley.
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. The school system in Fresno and Clovis is excellent (e.g., US News ranked University HS in Fresno 5th out of 1,000+ California high schools). Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery is all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing. While there is much to see and do in Fresno, the city is ideally located for fast, convenient getaways to the majestic Sierra (just 90 minutes away) as well as the scenic Central Coast, just two and one-half hours away. Fresno is the only major city in the country with close proximity to three national parks, including renowned Yosemite National Park.
Visit our websites: www.fresno.ucsf.edu/ob-gyn | www.universitymds.com