Ascension Illinois is a fully integrated, award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care to nearly 6.6 million residents in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. Ascension Illinois represents one of the largest hospital systems in Illinois, with 15 acute care hospitals and four specialty hospitals devoted to behavioral health, long-term care, physical rehabilitation and women and children s needs. Additionally, Ascension Illinois has an extensive network of integrated immediate care centers as well as full-spectrum, high-quality outpatient care through the Ascension Medical Group.
Ascension Medical Group is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologist for our Gastroenterology Department in Elk Grove Village, northwest suburb of Chicago.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Illinois to provide medical services to patients.
Bread and butter general Gastroenterology
ERCP plus, but not required
Major Midwest 900 plus hospital medical group
Practice with very experienced and well-respected physicians and APN's
Equally shared call
Excellent GI Labs (state-of-art-equipment)
Growing and busy GI service line
EMR (Cerner and Athena)
Great northwest suburban location
Close to O Hare International Airport and 40 minutes from downtown Chicago
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package
- Exceptional Benefits including Sign on Bonus, Paid Time Off, CME time and funds, Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, Long-term disability, Malpractice Insurance, Retirement plans
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)