The Department of Dermatology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) is seeking a full-time academic dermatopathologist to serve as the Medical Director of our Division of Dermatopathology. The Department of Dermatology at CUIMC is oldest academic dermatology department in the city of New York and has been at the forefront of cutting-edge dermatologic care and innovation for over 150 years. The Division of Dermatology is high-volume practice serving over 100+ referring practices in New York City and the Tri-State region and is currently staffed with 3 full-time dermatopathologists.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An exemplary record of clinical and academic excellence in dermatopathology
- Track record of productivity in dermatopathology and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a customer-focused approach, with a team-based mind set
- Robust interest in teaching and clinical/translational or basic research
- Strong academic record of publications
- Previous leadership experience preferred
Candidates must have completed a residency in dermatology or pathology and be board certified in dermatopathology by the American Board of Dermatology. Responsibilities will include oversight of the laboratory and ensuring compliance with all local, state, and national regulations, diagnostic dermatopathology sign-out, and teaching of trainees. Candidates are also expected to be involved in and/or supportive of research activities. Candidates must have a New York State medical license and DEA prior to appointment.
Interested candidates should email a curriculum vitae to Faramarz Samie, MD, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org).