About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
With more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children combines top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties, including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Only Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
St. Christopher's is a teaching hospital helping to train the next generation of professionals in pediatric medicine through our competitive pediatric residency program and multiple subspecialty fellowship programs .
As a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, the incumbent will provide direct patient care, ensure the quality of the clinical service, and participate in assigned education and teaching activities in a large urban pediatric hospital.
Summary of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a pediatric consultation psychiatrist for St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
- Provides direct clinical consultation services to children, adolescents and their families.
- Ensures that services are provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures that services are appropriate to patient need, both in quality and quantity
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be skilled in diagnostic evaluation and treatment of pediatric patients with behavioral, emotional and/or psychiatric disorders. Must be skilled in working with families with critical ill and/or dying children. Needs to have skills in a variety of individual, family and groups, psychosocial therapies and to be current in knowledge and skill with psychopharmacological interventions. Must have demonstrated record of administrative ability and good interpersonal skills. Experience in telepsychiatry is desirable.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Malpractice Insurance
- 403b (matching) and 457b Retirement Plans
- CME time and money
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
St. Chris Virtual Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_HnssVJ1s&feature=youtu.be
Req 2021- 36886
- Doctorate in Medicine (M.D. or D.O.)
- Completion of residency in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry
- Must be Board eligible or certified. If Board eligible must be Board Certified within four years of being hired or have specific approval from THMG and Department leadership