GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM is seeking Physicians for Internal Medicine positions to work at 103 Public Square, Somerset, OH 43783. If you’re a physician looking for the ideal environment to work and live, look no further. Genesis and southeastern Ohio have all you need to enjoy a rewarding career in an area offering a great quality of life.
GENESIS PRIMARY CARE INTERNAL MEDICINE OR FAMILY MEDICINE - SOMERSET, OHIO
Position Title: Somerset Primary Care Physician
Department: Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
Reports to: President of Medical Staff, COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians
Wage: $230,000-260,000 per year
This role involves providing long-term, comprehensive care in the office managing both common and complex illnesses of adolescents, adults, and the elderly. Physician will perform the essentials of primary care internal medicine, which incorporates an understanding of disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health, and effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system, and reproductive organs. Physician will collaborate in the management and treatment of cancer, infections, and diseases affecting the heart, blood, kidneys, joints, and the digestive, respiratory, and vascular systems with employed Genesis and non-employed specialty physicians as applicable to provide a holistic care service.
- Provides care to patients and assigns appropriate aspects of care to non-physician staff. Based on diagnosis and evaluation of the patient plans and carries out plan for treatment/therapy, informing and educating the patient, making referrals for specialized treatment, and following up on progress.
- Fulfills all requirements as detailed in the Employment Contract.
- Completes all charts and dictation (if applicable) on the day of visit assuring completeness and accuracy.
- Is responsible for comprehensive and accurate coding of each patient encounter submitted the day of encounter.
- Schedules forty hours per week of office patient contact hours unless otherwise approved by COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians.
- Provides night call and weekend coverage on a rotational basis unless otherwise approved by COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians.
- Maintains active privileges and participates in Hospital medical staff activities.
- Participates in utilization and quality activities within practice setting as well as in activities affecting the ambulatory care network. Follows organization policies and procedures and protocols.
- As a member of the Genesis Clinical Integrated Network (GIHN) Participates in quality and incentive-based programs through the Genesis Healthcare System ACO and additional pay for performance programs as directed by the organization
- Represents the organization in the local and broader community, participating in educational and other medically oriented programs for the public and patients.
- Mission Integration - Responsible for promoting the Standards of Excellence for Genesis Primary Care Physicians. Demonstrates the philosophy, mission and core values of Genesis Healthcare System in performance of job responsibilities. Demonstration includes courteous and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, volunteers, and peers; initiative/decision-making abilities and work flexibility.
- Every Genesis Primary Care Physician employee is required to abide by the Standards of Conduct and to report any activity that appears to violate the Standards of Conduct.
- Management personnel at every level are expected to promote ethical behavior and to respond to any employee concerns regarding violation of the Standards of Conduct. Management personnel cannot retaliate, directly or indirectly, against any employee who reports, in good faith, concerns regarding activity that they feel may violate the Standards of Conduct.
- Medical License in the State of Ohio
- Completion of ACGME accredited Residency in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Active Ohio DEA
- To apply send resume and cover letter (no calls) to Logan Lewis, Director, Physician Recruitment (Include REF #8996.002) at 2951 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH 43701.