Gastroenterology Physician Job
- Genesis Healthcare System
- Zanesville, OH
- Closing date
- Jul 12, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM’s Digestive Disease Specialists, a 5-physician 100% GI practice located in Zanesville, Ohio is seeking a gastroenterology physician to help support the growing community need for general gastroenterology and IBD care. The practice is located at 999 Garden Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701. If you’re a physician looking for the ideal environment to work and live, look no further. Genesis and southeastern Ohio have all you need to enjoy a challenging, rewarding career in an area offering a great quality of life.
Position Title: Zanesville Gastroenterology Physician
Reports to: President of Medical Staff, COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians
This role involves providing comprehensive care as a gastroenterologist who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive organs including the stomach, bowels, liver, and gallbladder. This specialist will treat conditional such as abdominal pain, ulcers, diarrhea, cancer, and jaundice and performs complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using endoscopes to visualize internal organs.
- This role involves providing comprehensive care as a gastroenterologist who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive organs including the stomach, bowels, liver, and gallbladder. This specialist will treat medical conditions such as abdominal pain, ulcers, diarrhea, cancer, and jaundice and performs complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using endoscopes to visualize internal organs.
- Fulfills all requirements as detailed in the Employment Contract. Completes all charts and dictation (if applicable) on the day of visit assuring completeness and accuracy. Is responsible for comprehensive and accurate coding of each patient encounter submitted the day of encounter. Schedules forty hours per week of patient contact hours unless otherwise approved by COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians. Provides night call and weekend coverage on a rotational basis unless otherwise approved by COO Genesis Primary Care Physicians. Maintains active privileges and participates in Hospital medical staff activities. Participates in utilization and quality activities within practice setting as well as in activities affecting the ambulatory care network. Follows organization policies and procedures and protocols. As a member of the Genesis Clinical Integrated Network (GIHN) Participates in quality and incentive-based programs through the Genesis Healthcare System ACO and additional pay for performance programs as directed by the organization Represents the organization in the local and broader community, participating in educational and other medically oriented programs for the public and patients. Mission Integration - Responsible for promoting the Standards of Excellence for Genesis Medical Group Physicians. Demonstrates the philosophy, mission and core values of Genesis Healthcare System in performance of job responsibilities. Demonstration includes courteous and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, volunteers, and peers; initiative/decision-making abilities and work flexibility. Every Genesis Physician employee is required to abide by the Standards of Conduct and to report any activity that appears to violate the Standards of Conduct. Management personnel at every level are expected to promote ethical behavior and to respond to any employee concerns regarding violation of the Standards of Conduct. Management personnel cannot retaliate, directly or indirectly, against any employee who reports, in good faith, concerns regarding activity that they feel may violate the Standards of Conduct.
- Medical License in the State of Ohio Completion of ACGME accredited Residency in Internal Medicine Completion of ACGME accredited Fellowship in Gastroenterology Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine & Gastroenterology Active Ohio DEA
- To apply send resume and cover letter (no calls) to Logan Lewis, Director, Physician Recruitment at 2951 Maple Ave, Zanesville, OH 43701.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert