Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an Internal Medicine physician to join our Perioperative Clinic in western Massachusetts.
Position Highlights –
- Join the growing PAE team which includes a physician leader, two advanced practitioners and strong support staff at our clinic at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield MA.
- In close collaboration with our outstanding surgeons and anesthesiologists, make decisions regarding medical optimization, procedural timing and appropriateness of procedure given patient comorbidities.
- Assess and manage risk of morbidity and mortality, initiate interventions intended to decrease perioperative risk, or recommend deferment or cancellation of surgery.
- Establish protocols and standard evaluation and optimization to achieve the best outcomes.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School-Baystate. Work closely with internal medicine and anesthesia residents. Excellent work/life balance. Monday- Friday day shift, no evenings or call.
Qualifications: ABMS BC in internal medicine with strong knowledge of or interest in preoperative medicine and evaluation. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning. Excellent communication skills are essential as multi-disciplinary collaboration is at the heart of this position.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Nathan Abare, MD
Director, Preoperative Assessment Clinic
c/o Lindsay Waters, Physician Recruiter at Baystate Health
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.