Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area), a recognized leader and award-winning local government, is seeking an experienced Physician to play a key role in the coordination and administration of medical services provided by the Employee Medical Center, to include:
- Provide medical direction and consultation to EMC staff to ensure the provision of the highest quality of health services.
- Ensure conformance with standards of practice for program and licensure requirements, and utilization management.
- Effectively plan, organize and implement the work of a complex clinic operation in coordination with the Medical Practice Manager.
- Perform medical care for minor illness and injuries.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests; perform follow-up testing and seek consultations and referrals.
- Provide treatment and consultation of workers’ compensation claims, including review of case and evaluation of return-to-work status. Also serve on the Workers' Compensation Panel of Physicians for Chesterfield County and Chesterfield County Public Schools.
- Use appropriate independent judgment in making decisions of a medical and administrative nature.
- Make appropriate referrals and recommendations regarding employee’s ability to perform job duties based on physical status.
- Conduct comprehensive physical examinations on applicants and employees for select positions.
- Serve as the Medical Review Officer (MRO) for the county and schools’ drug and alcohol testing program for Department of Transportation (DOT) and non-DOT positions.
- Serve as the medical authority for the county’s Juvenile Detention Home and serve as back-up for after-hours calls from the detention home’s nurse to provide medical consultation and direction in emergencies. Consult with detention home director on medical-related policies, procedures and protocols, and respond to medical-related audit inquiries. Provide monthly oversight of weekly NP visits, and review and approve standing and treatment orders.
- Partner with the Wellness Coordinator and Human Resources to provide input and assistance with the county and schools’ comprehensive wellness program, in conjunction with Medical Practice Manager.
- Assist with content and delivery of presentations on a variety of health-related topics.
- Establish and maintain successful professional relationships with individuals from diverse cultures and with individuals from a wide array of social, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Provide occupational healthcare, including hearing conservation.
Graduation from an approved medical school and board eligible or board certified with an active and valid license to practice medicine in the state of Virginia. Minimum of five years of experience in medicine in a general practitioner role and leadership in a medical practice preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Medical Review Officer (MRO) Certification; experience in occupational medicine, orthopedics, family practice or internal medicine; and Board certification in Occupational Medicine, Orthopedic Medicine, Family Practice or Internal Medicine preferred.
Good driving record, pre-employment drug test and background check required.
To review the recruitment profile and application instructions, visit the link https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chesterfieldco and review the Special Recruitment header.
Position will remain open until filled. Screening of applicants will begin July 29, 2022. Interested applicants should submit a confidential resume with cover letter and must include salary requirements to:
Mary Martin Selby, Director of Human Resources
Chesterfield County Human Resources
P.O. Box 40
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Electronic responses are required and should be directed to
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity