Surgery Critical Care
Rapides Regional Medical Center is seeking a talented surgeon to join its team. Our rapidly growing ACS verified Level II trauma program is seeking a fellowship-trained acute care surgeon. Qualified Candidates:
- Applicants must be board certified or board eligible in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Experienced candidates encouraged to apply
- Incoming surgeon will join a well-established and respected team.
- The annual trauma admission volume is greater than 3,500.
- They oversee trauma patients in an open universal trauma unit that admits up to 2,000 patients.
About Rapides Regional Medical Center:
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- Strong support system
- Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana that provides a wide array of care to 13 parishes across Central Louisiana.
- A 380-bed hospital, includes Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital, featuring obstetrical/gynecological, pediatric and pediatric intensive care services; Rapides Cancer Center, offering a range of services for cancer patients; Rapides Heart Center, featuring comprehensive cardiac care from prevention to treatment to surgery; and the area's largest emergency department, offering the community the only Level II Trauma Center.
- The medical staff includes doctors in 30+ medical specialties.
- With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare.
Alexandria is located in the heart of Louisiana and is an attractive, family-oriented community. The area is also referred to as a “Sportsman’s Paradise” with lakes, golf courses, biking trails, hunting, fishing, and water sports. This diverse, welcoming community features excellent schools, universities, neighborhoods, museums, cultural events & festivals, among many others. For travelers, AEX airport provides the option for international travel through connections in Houston and Dallas in less than an hour. Enjoy a low cost of living, short commutes, and a strong sense of community, making Alexandria home and the start of your successful, thriving healthcare career.