Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Fort Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abunandance of fun and exiciting activites for you to explore! So get ready to expereince a new kind of life with #FlintHillsLivingSalaries
- Competitive salaries with annual pay adjustments
- Eligibility for recruitment, retention, and relocation bonuses
- Tenure eligibility after three years
- 3-tier retirement savings plan with contributions matching up to 5% of pay that you contribute each pay period.
- Eligibility for paid, on-the-job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Patient case diversity
- State-of-the-art medical facilities
- Positions in more than 250 facilities worldwide
Additional Perks & Incentives
- Extensive health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Health care costs shared with employer
- Flexible spending accounts to cover dependent and health care expenses
- Largest group long-term care insurance program in the country
- Eligibility for Medicare
- 10 paid holidays during the calendar year
- 13 to 26 days of vacation annually that carry over each year up to 240 hours
- 13 days of accruable sick leave each year
- Free gym memberships
- Employee assistance and child care support programs
- Adoption information and incentives programs
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for patients according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, Army policy, and relevant regulations.
- Provide long-term comprehensive care managing both common and complex illnesses.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Internal Medicine)
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Residency Training for GP-14 Positions: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Internal Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.