Pediatric Endocrinologist -No call or weekends - UPMC Hamot - Job in Erie, PA
- Erie, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Jun 29, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
Pediatric Endocrinologist No call or weekends UPMC Hamot - Job in Erie, PA
The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology at the UPMC Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is recruiting a Pediatric Endocrinology physician for UPMC Hamot located in Erie, PA. The physician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- No call or weekends
- Outpatient practice
- Help build and grow our existing practice will be supported by nurses and certified diabetes educators.
- Will be an integral part of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and have remote access to educational and CME activities offered on the main Pittsburgh campus.
- The Pediatric Endocrinology Division has a multi-decade tradition of excellence and a robust ambulatory practice, being the major referral site for Western Pennsylvania, Northeastern Ohio, and northern West Virginia.
- The staff includes 21 physicians and 11 advanced practice providers. This program also includes 10 diabetes educators, 4 dieticians, 2 social workers, a clinical psychologist and 7 endocrine nurses. The Pediatric Endocrinology Division has a busy inpatient and consult service and a vibrant Fellowship program (currently with 3 Fellows per year and opportunity to teach virtually). The Division operates in many locations across Western Pennsylvania and is poised for strong growth to provide all children with the best care.
- Both the Division of Endocrinology and UPMC Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh have been consistently ranked in the Top 10 Honor Roll on U.S. News & World Report s list of American s Best Children s Hospitals for many years, including the current 2022-23 year where they are both ranked #6.
What we Offer
- Clinical academic appointment
- Relocation assistance of $7,000
- CME allowance of $4,000 plus 2 weeks
- Four weeks PTO
- Three-year retention bonus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus lucrative RVU based incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
About UPMC Hamot and UPMC
- UPMC Hamot is a 423-bed non-profit hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub
- Level II Trauma Center
- Supported by over 650 physicians and nearly 4,000 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education
- UPMC Hamot s superior health care services are continually recognized by notable accrediting bodies.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- The state s fourth largest city is situated on Lake Erie
- Presque Isle State Park is a peninsula with miles of hiking and biking trails and the only surf beaches in PA
- Abundant with theater, orchestra, museums and parks including Wintergreen Gorge featuring several waterfalls and a breathtaking vista
- Stroll down The Great Lakes Seaway Trail and explore over 25 wineries
- Three universities and Penn State s leading engineering branch, Behrend
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Welcoming, vibrant neighborhoods
- World-class downtown and bayfront
- Diverse cultures
- Conveniently situated at the intersection of the Northeast and Midwest with close proximity to Cleveland, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and Toronto.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life because we believe that you re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply for Pediatric Endocrinologist -No call or weekends - UPMC Hamot - Job in Erie, PA
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert