The Ascension Saint Agnes Department of Radiology is recruiting a BC/BE Breast Imaging fellowship trained radiologist with MQSA certification to join its practice to keep up with our present expansion and upcoming future growth. The system will be opening a full service imaging center in Howard County in Maryland in the first quarter of 2023, which will include diagnostic radiology plus a breast center. The ideal candidate would be experienced in all facets of breast imaging including digital mammography/3D tomosynthesis, breast ultrasound/MRI, and ultrasound/stereotactic/MRI guided core biopsies. This is primarily a Women s imaging position, and candidates can expect a minimum of 80% women s imaging if so desired, with skills in general radiology and cross-sectional imaging considered a plus. We are a subspecialized group of 12 radiologists looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills willing to develop long term relationships with clinicians and patients. The position includes rotating through our Comprehensive Breast Center collaborating with our three breast surgeons, allowing for an excellent mix of screening, diagnostic, and procedural work. Option to rotate through the hospital radiology department and outpatient imaging centers is available as well as encouraged. Teleradiology coverage provides final reads during overnight. We provide services at the Comprehensive Breast Center, hospital, several outpatient imaging centers, and also collaborate with a large OB GYN group in the Baltimore-DC corridor to provide screening and diagnostic mammography services on site. Imaging services are fully digital with state-of-the-art equipment including the latest Hologic 3D mammography, GE ultrasound equipment, breast MRI and PET-CT at our breast center. Hologic upright 3D stereotactic breast biopsy equipment is equipped at our current breast imaging center and will also be installed at our new center. We use state of the art needless localization techniques with the Hologic RFID tag system. The new center will also have 3T MRI with breast imaging capability. Siemens Dual Source Drive CT scanner, 64 slice Siemens and GE CT scanners, and Siemens 1.5T MRI scanners provide general diagnostic imaging at the hospital and outpatient centers. The practice offers a competitive compensation package including CME stipend, employer matched retirement plan, health benefits, and full malpractice coverage with tail.
About Ascension Saint Agnes
- Fellowship-trained breast radiologist
- Board eligible or certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Mammography certified
- For over 150 years, Saint Agnes, built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, is comprised of care teams who are committed to providing the best care for our patients.
- Saint Agnes is a part of Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the country.
- 251-bed full-service teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical and surgical specialties
- Ascension Saint Agnes offers emergency as well as a variety of inpatient and outpatient services. That is in addition to our Six Institutes that focus in the areas of Cancer, Orthopedics and Spine, Cardiovascular, Women and Children, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
About Ascension Medical Group
- Baltimoreans have a lot to love about Baltimore with its famous crab cakes, major sports teams -the Orioles (baseball) and the Ravens (football), its beautiful historic harbor, diverse historical sites with three centuries of history, and its proximity to other major cities NYC, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.
- Although it s a large city, and it is the fourth largest school district in Maryland, it has received an award for Urban School Board Excellence from the Council of Urban Boards of Education.
- Besides its great education, there are home buying incentives for its residents. There are many incentive programs for homebuyers, homeowners, and renters that are managed by different city departments or nonprofits making relocation options easy.
- With more than 130 attractions, museums, historic sites and performing arts groups, Baltimore promises something for everyone.
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.