About the position:
- Our ideal candidate would be a strong team player, desiring 1.0 FTE
- 5-day work week. 7-day, service coverage model
- Call is 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Overnight and weekend call is shared by the physician pool
- Potential for Telehealth
- Managing the care of psychiatric patients in the emergency department, including; leading care rounds, triage and evaluation
- Consultation to Level 1 Trauma Center
- Rotating coverage on newly developed, 6 bed, crisis stabilization unit
About our Behavioral Health Team:
- Join a group of 8 adult and 4 child and adolescent psychiatrists as part of a Behavioral Health Care Team. Other members of the team include; doctoral level psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychotherapists, RN s and clinical assistants. The Behavioral Health Division provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, ECT procedures, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic. The Division also includes Health Psychology doctorate and master s level psychologists.
- The Behavioral Health Department provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, ECT procedures, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic.
- Integrated pharmacist team includes a Hospitalist and Pharmacist
- Essentia Health Duluth hospital: Adult in-patient unit has 38 beds; Child/Adolescent inpatient unit has 16 beds
- Duluth, MN Population approximately 90,000 with surrounding areas 200,000+
- 2 hour drive to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers
Or contact: Laurie Swor, Physician Recruiter
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.