About the position:
- Our ideal candidate would be a strong team player, desiring 1.0 FTE
- Opportunity to work 7 day on / 7 days off -- or 14 on / 14 off in the inpatient unit
- No outpatient clinic required
About our Behavioral Health Team:
- Join a group of 8 adult and 3 child and adolescent psychiatrists as part of a comprehensive behavioral health program
- Position is a full time, hospitalist model psychiatry inpatient unit
- Average caseload is 16 patients, 18 yrs. and over
- Comprehensive inpatient team including family therapists, social workers, chemical dependency counselors, behavioral health techs with robust programming
- Overnight call averages 1 in 8 days
- Newly renovated, state-of-the-art, inpatient unit
- Access to immediate hospital medical services such as hospitalist consultation, full lab and imaging services in house
- Access to strong community behavioral health services, including; partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, ECT, ACT and case management services
- The Behavioral Health Department provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic.
- Essentia Health Duluth hospital, Adult in-patient unit has 37 beds.
- BC/BE Psychiatry
- ECT experience preferred
- Duluth, MN – Population approximately 90,000 with surrounding areas 200,000+
- 2 ½ hour drive to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers
Or contact: Laurie Swor, Physician Recruiter
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.