We are seeking a Family Medicine physician to join our team in Fosston, MN. This individual will partner with six (6) Family Medicine physicians and six (6) Advanced Practice Clinicians to provide exceptional patient-focused care to the community of Fosston and its greater region. If you are seeking variety in your work, this is the position for you: candidates will provide services in the inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Department settings.
- 1.0 FTE, full-time opportunity (36 patient contact hours; 32 patient contact hours if doing OB)
- Hours: Monday-Friday between 8a-5p
- Based in Fosston, MN with potential outreach to Oklee and Bagley Clinics
- Average Clinic Patients per day: 28-30
- Average Procedures per day: 1-2
- Over 100 deliveries per year
- Call Coverage: weekdays and weekends; on-call every 5th day and 5th weekend for the ER; if doing OB, follow own patients.
- Electronic Medical Record: Epic
- On-site Services include: Physical Therapy, Dietitian, Diabetes Educator, Behavioral Health, Home Health, Tobacco Cessation, Path/Lab and Radiology/Imaging Services
- Outreach Services include: Oncology, ENT, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Pain Medicine, Podiatry, General Surgery/Wound Clinic, Weight Loss and Urology
- Inpatient Rounding: 58 total inpatient
- Emergency Room: 8-12 patients in a 24 hour shift.
- Clinic, Critical Access Hospital and Nursing Home/Assisted Living are all connected on one campus
NHSC and state loan repayment qualifying site
The Essentia Primary Care Physician works as a leader of a Care Team. Utilizing Essentia Care Processes, the physician works collaboratively with other health care team members to achieve patient care objectives and to provide continuity of care for patients and families.
- Fosston, MN is in the heart of northwestern MN where the prairie meets the pine.
- Located 40 minutes west of Bemidji, 1 hour east of Grand Forks, and 3 hours from Winnipeg, Canada.
- Population of 2,000 (in town)
- Great school system, excellent outdoor recreation and plenty of local and regional entertainment.
- Affordable housing, quality of life and a sense of community showcase Fosston as the best of rural America.
- For more information, visit www.fosston.com
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.