UPMC Altoona is recruiting a Pediatric Hospitalist physician for our hospital in Altoona, PA. The Pediatrician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. Must have demonstrated experience n performing procedures for neonatology-well born care including neonatal resuscitation, intubation, lumbar puncture, peripheral venous access, umbilical catheter placement and circumcision. H1B and 2024 J1 visa sponsorship available.
- 12 shifts per month
- 24-hour in-house is not required during the 7-day week
- Neonatal NPs provide in-house night coverage and reduce night call-in
- Coverage of pediatric, nursery and newborn patients as well as inpatient consults
- Twenty-two bassinets for Level 1, 8 beds for Level 11 neonatal, 1400 deliveries per year and 12-bed pediatric unit
- Opportunity for extra shifts for additional income
- Clinical academic appointment
- Cerner EMR
What we Offer
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance of $4,000
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension and occurrence based malpractice
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, email@example.com
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life because we believe that you re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today