About the position:
- Our ideal candidate would be a strong team player, desiring 1.0 FTE
- Opportunity to work 7 day on / 7 days off -- or 14 on / 14 -- off in a Child/Adolescent inpatient unit
- No outpatient clinic required
About our Behavioral Health Team:
- Join a group of 9 adult and 4 child and adolescent psychiatrists as part of a comprehensive behavioral health program
- Position is a full time, hospitalist model child psychiatry inpatient unit
- Average caseload is 12 children, ages 6-18 years
- Comprehensive inpatient team including family therapists, social workers, chemical dependency counselors, behavioral health techs with robust programming
- Overnight call averages 1 in 8 days
- Access to immediate hospital medical services such as pediatric hospitalist consultation, full lab and imaging services in house
- Our Amberwing facility provides Partial Hospitalization Programming, state-of-the art, mental health and substance abuse services for children, adolescents, and their families. In addition, there is On Site Pediatric Occupational Therapy and a Birth to Kindergarten Program.
- NACHRI designated children s hospital, St. Mary s Medical Center, part of the Duluth medical campus
- The Behavioral Health Department provides a spectrum of care for children and adults, including inpatient psychiatric care, consult-liaison and emergency psychiatry, intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services, and an outpatient behavioral health clinic.
- Essentia Health Duluth hospital-Child/Adolescent inpatient unit has 16 beds; Adult in-patient unit has 37 beds.
- BC/BE Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Duluth, MN Population approximately 90,000 with surrounding areas 200,000+
- 2 hour drive to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers
Or contact: Laurie Swor, Physician Recruiter
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.