As a Physician for CIA, you will provide medical care and advice to Agency employees and dependents and other Agency sponsored people. Utilizing your clinical expertise in a medical consultation model, you will help advance the CIA mission where it intersects with medical issues. Variability of medical resources around the world, access to care in different regions, and mission requirements are all at play in your efforts as an Agency Physician to deliver the best medical opinions possible. You’ll work and coordinate with a global set of USG medical colleagues while delivering care in various countries and under a multiplicity of clinical scenarios.
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Physicians spend most of their careers serving in multi-year assignments in a variety of overseas locations, but some opportunities exist to serve in the Washington, DC area.
As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided. Sign on incentives and moving expenses are reimbursed.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Active unrestricted licensure as a physician in one or more states Active DEA registration
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Board certification in a primary care specialty, such as Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine or Emergency medicine
- Board certification in Psychiatry
What You’ll Need to Apply
• Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
• Copy of any certificates/licenses
• At least one professional reference with full name and contact information
• A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
To apply, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.cia.gov/careers/jobs/physician/