Director – Uppsala Monitoring Centre, Uppsala, Sweden
Closing date: Sunday 24 July 2022
Are you a proven leader with experience in strategic thinking and theoretical development, understand scientific concepts and have international experience? UMC is looking for a new Director to lead an organization of about 150 employees and consultants in Uppsala, Sweden, devoted to supporting and enhancing global pharmacovigilance and patient safety.
In the role as Director, you will handle important tasks every day that will influence people both inside and outside the organization, knowing that you contribute to the global effort to prevent patients suffering harm from their medicines. The role involves working on the global market and you will develop contacts around the world.
What you will do
- Be responsible for the scientific and business operations of the centre, matters relating to the WHO Programme for International Drug Monitoring, and relationships with other organisations
- Develop strategies, lead the team in Uppsala and represent UMC worldwide
- Define the core business for UMC and the organizations focus
- You will report to a Board consisting of members appointed by the Swedish government and the World Health Organization
- All this in close collaboration with colleagues in Geneva and other global partners.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Academic education in the field of medicine such as physician, pharmacology etc.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Extensive experience working with medical, pharmaceutical, or health-orientated companies
- Knowledge of the medical sector and can navigate with ease in amongst current topics of discussion both internally and externally
- Proven adaptability from working in diverse cultural and political environments
- An ability to communicate effectively in English, which is our working language
- People-management and leadership skills
Highly desirable qualities
- Experience in business development and commercial operations
- Own research or significant experience in pharmacovigilance, clinical medicine, pharmacology or pharmacoepidemiology in a regulatory or commercial setting/or clinical research setting
We are looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Leader - Ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team of strong individuals to perform to the best of their capacity; confident in making decisions
- Proactive - Forward-thinking, enterprising and capable – getting things done
- Personal and professional maturity - Perceptive and responsive; stable and insightful; displaying integrity and independence
- Flexibility - Ability to function in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, adapting to change in internal or external demands
- Communication - Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Driving force/Results orientation - The driving force to achieve results and push towards goals, but also to be pragmatic and recognize that several paths can lead to the same goal
To send in your application, click on Apply Now.